Recipe by wife2abadge
This was one of my favorite cookies growing up and now it's one of my daughter's favs. A nice moist cookie that tastes fantastic with butter/confectioner's sugar frosting.
Top Review by LB in Middle Georgia
YUMMY, These are not typical cookies these are Cake Cookies. I made these late one evening was too lazy to make the frosting that night, so I only made one sheet of these cookies and put the rest in the frig, for the following evening when I made the frosting. These cookies absolutely need the frosting not because the cookies are not good without the frosting; it is just that much better with the frosting probably because they are a cake cookie. Only thing I did different was used black strap molasses, we love molasses if you do not use the light molasses. Loved these cookies. Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup light molasses
- 3⁄4 cup sour milk
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and brown sugar.
- Stir in eggs and molasses.
- Stir together the flour and spices in a separate bowl.
- Add the milk alternately with flour mixture until blended, but don't overmix.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees 10-12 minutes.
- Cool and frost with buttercream frosting.