Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Rich Cheesecake with a light, fluffy frosting-what a combination. From Taste of Home magazine.
- 2 cups chocolate wafers or 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 4 ounces milk chocolate
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Combine crumbs and butter. Press into the bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Chill for 15 minutes, or until set.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add eggs; beat on low speed until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake at 325 for 55-60 minutes, or until center is almost set.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then gently run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; let cool for another hour.
- Tightly cover cake and refrigerate overnight.
- About 2 hours before serving, melt chocolate and cool to room temperature.
- Gradually stir Cool Whip into chocolate and use mixture to frost the cake.
- Return cake to fridge to set frosting.
I saw this in Taste of Home but the magazine was discarded for some reason so I was happy to find it here. This is very, very delicious. To make my life easier, I just used Chocolate Reddi Whip on top.