Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a summer staple of my family. We often use a turkey fryer and cook it outdoors! I like to serve the shrimp, potatoes, corn, and sausage on a newspaper covered table and the delicious broth on the side. This is messy out door fun food!
- 4 quarts cold water
- 1⁄4 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (plys more to taste)
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, dicd
- 1 head garlic, halved crosswise
- 2 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes
- 4 ears corn, shucked, each cut into 4 pieces
- 2 lbs smoked sausage, cut into 1 1/2-inch slices
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, deveined, left in shell
- In laarge pot over medium high heat, combine water, Old Bay, 1 tbsp kosher salt, celery, onion, garlic, and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reuce heat to medium-low; simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced, 10-20 minutes.
- Add corn and sausage to pot; simmer until corn is tender, 4-5 minutes.
- Add shrimp; simmer until opaque, 3-4 minutes. Taste broth; adjust seasonings with salt.
- Transfer stew to a large soup tureen or serving bowl, or scoop out shrimp, potatoes, sausage, and corn and serve broth on the side.