Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Any type of cheese can be substituted for the Mozzarella. A cup of diced ham or chicken can be substituted for the Italian sausage. Also, broccoli or zucchini can be substituted for the spinach. In other words, feel free to experiment with this brunch or light dinner recipe. This is a great way to use up a few leftovers.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mushroom
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces mild Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Saute onion and mushrooms in oil until tender; set aside.
- Combine eggs and milk; beat well.
- Add garlic, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper, beating well.
- Stir in reserved onion mixture, 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmasan cheese, sausage and spinach.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 9-inch square baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until set.