Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a modified version of a recipe published in Bon Appetit magazine.
- 10 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half or 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 6 ounces swiss cheese
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried basil leaves (or 1/3 cup fresh finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs and milk in large bowl to blend.
- Stir in cheese, tomatoes, green onions, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Melt butter in large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Add egg mixture; do not stir.
- Cook until eggs start to firm and sides and bottom begin to brown, lifting sides occasionally to let uncooked egg run underneath, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook until eggs start to puff and brown and the center is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Using spatula, loosen edges and bottom of frittata. Slide out onto plate.
- Slice frittata into wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.
A nice easy breakfast. The recipe was reduced to 2 servings and made very nice servings for breakfast this morning. This was served with homemade biscits and fresh fruit. Made for *PAC Spring 2009*