1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This comes from Bon Appetit Magazine, 11/2005 edition. This came to fruition one night when I was tired of our menu and we had to have dinner - so found out what we had in the pantry and proceeded from there!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces applewood smoked bacon, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced shallot
- 12 cups packed assorted coarsely chopped greens (such as kale, chard, and mustard greens, we used kale)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 12 ounces fresh whole milk ricotta cheese (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cook bacon in 12-inch-diameter ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp.
- 3Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- 4Pour bacon drippings into bowl; reserve.
- 5Return 2 tablespoons drippings to skillet.
- 6Add shallots and sauté over medium heat until golden, about 4 minutes.
- 7Add half of greens and toss until beginning to wilt, about 1 minute.
- 8Add remaining greens, & a pinch of crushed red pepper, and sauté until wilted, tender, and dry, about 15 minutes.
- 9Transfer greens to plate; cool.
- 10Rinse and dry skillet.
- 11Beat eggs, salt, & a pinch of crushed red pepper, to blend in large bowl.
- 12Whisk in 3/4 cup Parmesan, then greens and half of bacon.
- 13Stir in ricotta, leaving some clumps.
- 14Heat 1 tablespoon reserved drippings in skillet over medium heat.
- 15Pour in egg mixture; spread greens evenly.
- 16Sprinkle remaining bacon and 1/4 cup Parmesan over eggs.
- 17Cook over medium heat until frittata is just set at edges, about 10 minutes.
- 18Transfer to oven and bake until just set, about 20 minutes.
- 19Cut around frittata to loosen; slide out onto platter.
- 20Let cool 30 minutes.
- 21Slice into wedges and serve with fresh fruit slices and a hot crispy bread with melted garlic butter with parsely.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frittata With Bacon, Fresh Ricotta and Greens
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 643.4
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 528.9 mg
- Sodium 1900.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 47.0 g