Recipe by Noo
A delicious and simple way to use up leftover pasta.
Top Review by ogliq2
My grandma used to make this alot. I sometimes adapt the recipe for a great dinner main dish. I include any and all pizza toppings that I have on hand, save the cheese for the top, and prepare it like a pizza after the initial turn, placing it in the oven for a few minutes. Great recipe, economical, and all in one pan too !
- 6 -8 ounces leftover spaghetti, with any sauce
- 4 eggs
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the pasta, eggs and cheese, stirring well. Season.
- Heat half of the butter in a large heavy bottomed frying pan. Pour in the egg mixture, lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes until the eggs are just set but still very soft. Slip a knife around the edge to loosen the omelet, then using a spatula turn the frittata cooked side up on to a plate (patch up the pieces if it breaks).
- Heat the rest of the butter in the pan, slide the frittata back into the pan, soft side down and cook for a few minutes. You can also cook the top side by just dotting with butter and grilling, but I prefer the pan method.
- Cut into wedges and serve.