Connie K's Note:
A delicious way to use up left over spaghetti, or it's worth cooking a bit just for this recipe. I leave out the prosciutto for a vegetarian version. From 'Ciao Italia Cookbook' by Mary Ann Esposito
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 slices prosciutto or 4 slices ham, diced about 1/4 lb
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup basil or 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese or 1 1/2 cups other cheese, cubed (about 6 oz)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1In a frying pan, saute the prosciutto or ham in the olive oil until crispy; Drain on brown paper or paper towels.
- 2In a large bowl, beat the eggs; Add the Parmigiano-Reggiano, salt and pepper, and basil or parsley; Add the spaghetti and mix well, then stir in the mozzarella cheese and proscuitto.
- 3In a 9-inch frying pan, heat 2T of the butter and 2T of the olive oil; Add the spaghetti mixture and smooth the top with a spatula; Cook over medium-low heat until the frittata is browned on the bottom and set.
- 4Invert a plate larger than the frying pan over the pan and turn out the frittata; Heat the remaining butter and olive oil in the pan, and return the frittata to the pan to brown the other side.
- 5Shake the pan occasionally to keep the frittata from sticking.
- 6Rather than turning the frittata, place the pan under the broiler for 5- 8 minutes.
- 7Invert a serving plate over the frying pan and carefully turn out the frittata; Serve at room temperature, cut in wedges.
- 8NOTE: This is even better the day after it is made.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frittata Di Spaghetti (spaghetti Frittata)
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.1
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 191.8 mg
- Sodium 257.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: