Recipe by internetnut
Corn muffin mix is the trick to the speedy, cheesy topping that covers over chili-sesaoned beef 'n hot dog dinner! I found this in Woman's World magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 hot dogs, cut in 1-inch-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 1⁄4 ounces mccormick chili seasoning mix
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 1⁄2 ounces corn muffin mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (6oz)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Fritos corn chips (3oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400. Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, hot dogs, onion and seasoning mix; cook, stirring, until beef is browned and onion is just tender, 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes with their juices, tomato sauce and water. Transfer to 2-quart baking dish. In bowl, combine muffin mix, milk, egg and 1/4 cup cheese. Spread over beef mixture, leaving 2" border; sprinkle with chips and remaining cheese. Bake until bubbly and topping is cooked through, 20-25 minutes.