Cheesy Hot Dog Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb hot dog, sliced (we use the Oscar Meyer fat free ones)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (15 ounce) corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, combine hot dogs, soup,corn, onion and mix well.
- Spoon into ungreased 2 quart casserole and set aside.
- In medium sauce pan, bring water, margarine, onion powder and garlic powder to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in potato flakes and milk
- Add egg and blend well.
- Spoon on top of casserole and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with cheese and paprika and bake an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It is OK. Not something I would rave about. First off your families must serve small servings because it doesn't feed 6. I have 5 in my family and it barely fed us all. Next time I make it I will have to double the recipe. I won't be adding the corn either. That made it worse IMO Maybe it is something to help kids eat certain items but corn will not be going back in this recipe for us. Also the potatoes were way too stiff even with the egg so I had to add more water. Not sure if I would add all that onion either. The onion in the potato mix is plenty.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am married, have three children and two grandchildren. My youngest "oops" baby is just turning 17 and is going to be a senior in high school in the fall.. I love to cook and collect recipes. I get a lot of my good recipes from church potlucks. Since I am now retired and a stay at home mom, I have time to search the RecipeZaar site and try a lot of the recipes. We love living on the coast and would never move back inland!