Hot Dog Egg Noodle Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A really fattening casserole that goes great with Monday night football or race day. My husband and his buddies seem to love it. Don't give it to anyone with a heart condition!
- Ready In:
- 1 (1 lb) package hot dog
- 1 large white onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 (12 ounce) bag egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in large pot.
- Add onions and sauté for about 1 minute on medium heat.
- Add chopped hot dogs and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add 2 cans of tomato soup and of milk.
- Add egg noodles and mix well.
- Cover and let simmer until egg noodles are tender.
- Add cheddar cheese and cover and let cheese melt.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My mom and grandma used to make something very similar and my brother have fond memories of it as kids. My kids didn't care for it when I made it according to Mom's instructions, so I was looking for variation ideas. I ended up kind of combining the two recipes and using my own homemade leftover tomato soup in it. They loved it!Reply
Delicious! I remember this as my mom used to make it occasionally back in the day! The only difference was we used elbow macaroni. It's is a kid's dream! I still make it as an adult and love it just as much. Even hubby likes it too! It's quick and easy, but probably not the healthiest, but sooooo good. I don't use the whole package of hotdogs though, just half of them and pretty much cut the recipe in half (except I double the cheese).Reply
see 3 more