817 hrs 30 mins
817 hrs 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup peach juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can peaches
- 1 (20 ounce) can chunk pineapple
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can fruit cocktail
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix (no pudding)
- 1(Do not refrigerate). Keep on counter top in gallon jar.
- 2Stir several times daily.
- 3This will make enough fruit for 3 cakes.
- 4Cover jar with a cloth, not a lid.
- 5Combine 1 cup sugar, peach juice and pineapple juice, stir everyday for 2 weeks.
- 6Next combine 1 1/2 cups starter, 2 1/2 cups sugar and cut up peaches with juice, stir for 10 days.
- 7Then add 2 1/2 cups sugar and pineapple with juice, stir for 10 more days.
- 8Then add 2 1/2 cups sugar, fruit cocktail with juice and chopped up cherries, stir for 10 more days.
- 9Then drain fruit juice from fruit and give to friends for a starter 1 1/2 cups to 4 or 5 friends.
- 10To make the cake: mix all cake ingredients together, pour into greased and floured bundt pan.
- 11Bake at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes.
- 12This cake freezes well if you would like to freeze a couple for later.
- 13To make the icing: Beat all icing ingredients until fluffy.
- 14Double icing recipe for three cakes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Friendship Fruit Starter & Cake
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.1
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.8 mg
- Sodium 326.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 129.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 117.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g