Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
An appetizer from the Lindsay Olive Company. They suggest substituting 5-6 tablespoons of dried tomato tapenade or pesto for the anchovy paste if you like.
- 29.58 ml minced garlic
- 29.58 ml anchovy paste
- 14.79 ml grated lemon, zest of
- 2.46 ml chopped fresh thyme
- 2.46 ml chopped fresh basil
- 2 dozen ripe pitted extra-large olives
- 177.44 ml flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 177.44 ml plain breadcrumbs or 177.44 ml seasoned bread crumbs
- olive oil, for frying
- Make a paste of the garlic, anchovy paste, lemon zest, thyme and basil.
- Stuff olives using a pastry bag.
- Roll stuffed olives in the flour, dip in eggs and then roll in crumbs.
- Fry in oil at 250 to 275 degrees until crisp and golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towels.
- Serve hot.
These were wonderful. We had them in a local restaurant recently, but these were better. We couldn't get extra large olives, or ancovy paste (minced up about 4 anchovies instead) but it didn't matter. These were more than a 5 star recipe tonight!