Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an authentic food which is popular to most of Vietnamese people. You can make it as entree, appetizer or main dish (with white rice).
- 5 chicken drumsticks (wings)
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 2⁄3 cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce (if you couldn't eat spicy, you better put in 1/2 tbsp only)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (less than this if you couldn't eat spicy)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (recommend to squeeze from fresh lemon)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- Wash drum sticks/ wings & let it dry for a while.
- Mix all ingredients of seasoning & apply to drum sticks/ wings & let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat pan with cooking oil then fry until it brown or cooked inside. Reduce heat accordingly to avoid burning outside.
- Dressing: Mix fish fauce, lemon juice, sugar & pepper until sugar dissolved. (*).
- Right after drum sticks/ wing cooked, get another small pot or pan, heat the pan. Put butter into pan until it melted, add garlic and mix (*) above into it until it's boiling.
- Pour this dressing all over the fried drum sticks/ wings.
- Serve with white rice or any salad.