Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of a number of historical recipes I am posting from my cookbook collection. It is adapted from the 1953 edition of Adventures in Good Cooking, by travelling salesman and food critic Duncan Hines, and featuring recipes collected from around the USA. This recipe is from Trader Vic's in Oakland, California. Long-grain rice is preferred.
- Heat oil in a skillet over low heat.
- Add onion and cook until tender but not brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add celery, mushrooms and shrimp, and cook about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, soy sauce and salt, and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and stir well.
- Cook, stirring, until eggs are cooked, 2-3 minutes.
easy good tasting rice added more soy sauce cakepops on parade
This was a very nice shrimp fried rice Chocolatl. Thank you so much for sharing this quick and easy to make dish with us. The ratio of shrimp and vegetables was nice. I also enjoyed the soya sauce, but felt that something was missing. Maybe garlic and or hot pepper flakes next time. I did garnish this dish with sliced green onions. Thank you for sharing a dish that I will make again. Made for Think Pink 2011.