Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My grandma's recipe--perfect with seafood or chicken.
Make and share this Fried Rice With Leeks and Dehydrated Spicy Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups pearl rice
- 3 dehydrated bell peppers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups leeks
- 4 1⁄2 cups water or 4 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Have a pot with the olive oil preheating on medium heat.
- Chop and clean the leeks and peppers. After the oil has heated, get the leeks in the pot.
- Once the leaks start getting soft and translucent, add 2 cups of rice and let it fry along with the leeks until the rice grain gets a solid white color--if the rice start browning it's gone too far. :(.
- Add the 4-41/2 cups of water (or veggie stock) little by little.
- Add in some salt, black pepper and the chili flakes (you can omit if desired) and let it simmer for 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Put the chopped peppers on top of the rice when it has a bit water/stock left in pot. Bake the rice for another 15-20 minutes--if not sure that it is done, taste the rice please.