Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very quick, easy and tasty fried rice. Only takes a couple of minutes once you cube everything, so you can get everything done the day or morning before and stir fry at dinner time. You can substitute chicken, pork, beef or shrimp for ham, or add any combination. Good place to use up leftover meats and veggies too. Can be made vegetarian by omitting meats. I also add bean sprouts and mushrooms, if I have any. Use leftover rice from takeout or cook 1 cup of rice with 1-3/4 water and a bit of salt. This makes about 3 cups of cooked rice. Cool rice by spreading on cookie sheet until ready to stir fry.
- 3 cups rice, cooked and cooled
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 -3 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup ham, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup baby peas
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Gravy Master
- Heat 1 tbl canola oil in a skillet and cook beaten eggs. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil and stir fry chopped scallion, carrots and ham for a minute or two.
- Add rice, soy sauce, gravy master and baby peas (also add any other additional meats and veggies at this time) and heat through.
- Stir in cooked scrambled eggs.