Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
"A delicious fried rice. You can use either chicken, pork, bacon or seafood - great with calamari and prawns."
- 59.16 ml vegetable oil
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, diced
- 473.18 ml chicken breasts, cubed skinless, boneless
- 473.18 ml cooked jasmine rice, chilled
- 14.79 ml white sugar
- 14.79 ml fish sauce
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml green onions, chopped
- 29.58 ml basil leaves, chopped fresh
- 73.94 ml cilantro, chopped fresh
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet, over medium-high heat. Fry the garlic until golden, then add the chili pepper and chicken meat, and stir-fry until cooked through.
- When the chicken is cooked, add the rice, sugar, fish sauce, and soy sauce. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently. When the mixture is well blended, stir in the green onions, basil, and cilantro. Cook for 1 more minute, then serve hot.
Wow, this was an awesome rice recipe Lynn. We really enjoyed the flavors in this dish. This was so good, it had great flavor. We really enjoyed the subtle heat from the chilies. This quick and easy to make recipe was excellent, hot and spicy. Thanks for sharing another winner that my dh & I will enjoy again and again. Made for My 3 Chefs.
This was very good, we all like fried rice, when I make rice I usually double up so that I will have extra to make fried rice with. I made the recipe as is, and then added a few bits and pieces, according to what I had in the fridge, some broccoli florets, some shrimps, made a small omelet and thinly sliced it ....... fried rice is so versatile!! Thank you Lyn, this was very much enjoyed, made for PRMR tag game.
Delicious and makes me dream of a life filled with travels to far-off lands. Hey, Kylie Kwong, is that you?