Recipe by JoyfulCook
Sesame oil in this makes a unique flavor and it’s simple and quick to prepare, served with Chinese dish. Leftovers are yummy served as a cold rice salad.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
What a great basic fried rice. This was supposed to be for dinner with DD so I didn't use shrimp. I used brown rice and added mushrooms and peas. The possibilities for variations is endless.
- 4 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 1⁄2 cup spring onion, sliced
- 1 cup prawns (optional) or 1 cup shrimp (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make omelet with egg; cut in strips and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok; add the sesame oil and garlic and stir quickly. Do not let it brown.
- Add the rice, and stir in the onions, shrimps, and omelet.
- Add the Soya sauce, stirring all the time.
- Can be made ahead and reheated in the microwave for a few minutes. Really nice with Chinese as a change from serving with noodles.
- Great as a leftover--either reheated or served cold. It goes down well with barbecues too.