Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a comfort food recipe from my youth. And a excellent side dish.
- 2 lbs potatoes, sliced into thick chips (wash but do not peel)
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- fresh ground pepper
- canola oil
- In 12 inch covered skillet add enough oil to cover bottom about 1/4 inch thick.
- Add sliced potatoes and quartered onions.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally till potatoes are tender.
4 1/2 stars for DH and I. We had this along with breakfast with corn free ketchup from our local health food store. I did peel the yellow potatoes I used out of preference and cooked this ahead of time until almost done as part of suhoor (before sunrise meal during Ramadan) so I would only have to warm them up in a frying pan. That made it fast and easy. I used sea salt for the salt and would make these again.
WOW!! It's a keeper ;) I also added bell pepper along with the onions,They were awesome.