1 hr 15 mins
These are great, I usually make my polenta and then make them into these cakes the next morning, delicious! This is an easy version of polenta too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a 1 to 1 1/2 quart oven-safe container, stir together water, salt, pepper, and polenta
- 3Add butter to the mixture, cut up in chunks.
- 4Place container, uncovered, in center rack of oven and bake 40 minutes.
- 5Open oven, pull out rack, add parmesan, and any other ingredients like sun-dried tomatoes, olives, lemon zest, herbs, shallots, cilantro etc. and let bake another 10 minutes.
- 6Pull out of oven and let rest in refrigerator 20 minutes to over-night.
- 7In frying pan, on medium-high, heat oil.
- 8Spoon about half a cup of polenta into the pan at a time, fry until golden brown on each side.
- 9Let cakes rest about 3-5 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Polenta Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.3
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 2023.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 8.0 g