Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
These are great, I usually make my polenta and then make them into these cakes the next morning, delicious! This is an easy version of polenta too!
- 1 quart water
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup coarse-ground polenta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 1 to 1 1/2 quart oven-safe container, stir together water, salt, pepper, and polenta
- Add butter to the mixture, cut up in chunks.
- Place container, uncovered, in center rack of oven and bake 40 minutes.
- Open oven, pull out rack, add parmesan, and any other ingredients like sun-dried tomatoes, olives, lemon zest, herbs, shallots, cilantro etc. and let bake another 10 minutes.
- Pull out of oven and let rest in refrigerator 20 minutes to over-night.
- In frying pan, on medium-high, heat oil.
- Spoon about half a cup of polenta into the pan at a time, fry until golden brown on each side.
- Let cakes rest about 3-5 minutes and serve.
Thank you for the recipe. Is one TBS salt a typo? I loved the recipe but it's much too salty.