Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A must try!!!
- 1 lb of long green chili pepper (or a combination of Italian green peppers and chilli)
- 2 cups of strained Greek yogurt or 3 cups plain yogurt, strained (see Techniques, page 000)
- 2 -3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 -4 cloves garlic
- olive oil (for frying)
- Wear gloves to protect your hands from the heat of the capsicum.
- Using a sharp knife, cut away the peppers' stems.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and scrape out any remaining seeds.
- Heat about a half inch of olive oil in a large heavy skillet and fry the peppers over medium heat until wilted, about eight minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and cool.
- Peel the skins off the pepper strips.
- Place the peppers on a platter, leaving a space in the center, for the yogurt.
- Sprinkle the peppers with a little salt and vinegar.
- Cover and marinate for one hour.
- Mix the strained yogurt with the garlic and with one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place the yogurt in the center of the platter and serve.
This recipe was great! Now I know what to do with all the peppers hubby plants in the summer. The only modification I made was to use 3/4 yogurt & 1/4 sour cream when I made the dip. Thanks for the recipe, Poppy!