Recipe by alligirl
According to Martha - "These crunchy thyme-flecked nuts are delicious served with sherry and slices of manchego cheese." Taken from Martha Stewart and posted for ZWT. These morsels are perfect for your next tapas party.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups whole blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add almonds and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden and fragrant, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in thyme leaves. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet, and let cool completely.
- Almonds can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 weeks.