From Bobby Flay and Hellman's. Added and cleaned up the instructions. This is an open-faced sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil or 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 lb arugula, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices country ham or 8 slices prosciutto
- 4 large eggs
- 1Cut off the both long ends of ciabatta and slice in half lengthwise. Use the bottom half only and reserve the top half for later use.
- 2Brush the cut side of the bottom half of the bread with 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Grill on a grill pan, oil-side down, over high heat until lightly golden brown, about 20 seconds; or place the bread on a sheet pan, oil-side up and toast under the broiler until lightly golden brown, about 45-60 seconds.
- 4Whisk together lemon juice, zest, dijon mustard, mayonnaise, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk in the 1/4 C canola oil or olive oil until combined.
- 5Heat 1 tablespoon of canola in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ham and cook about 1 minute.
- 6Gently crack the eggs onto the ham, season with salt and pepper and cover. Cook until the white is set and the yellow is slightly firm, about 2 to 4 minutes. The yolk should still be slightly runny.
- 7Place the toasted bread on a flat surface and spread with a few tablespoons of the dressing over the surface. Slide the cooked ham and egg over the ciabatta and top with the arugula. Drizzle with more of the lemon-chive dressing and serve immediately.
- 8Cut 4 slices.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Egg & Ham Open Face Sandwich With Arugula
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.9
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 214.3 mg
- Sodium 184.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: