Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is really a people pleaser and you can add things you like to it. You could add ground beef, you could also fry an egg and put it on top. Just have fun with your recipes. This recipe holds well, so it can be made ahead of time. You could use frozen corn as well, but this is for those times when you get that bumper crop of corn.
Top Review by Mickeymousemom
I've made this for years, as did my grandmother, only without the green pepper. This is very good with a few pinches of sugar added! We love fried corn and eat it alot in the summer months...thanks for posting!
- 6 ears corn, husked and cleaned
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 large green bell pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice corn off of cob and scrape cob to release the milk, Set aside.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside.
- Retain 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease in the pan and fry pepper just until softened. Add the corn and cook until tender. Stir in the crumbled bacon and cook 1 more minute.