Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a dish that was served in a restaurant that I helped run. I scaled it down a bit. Try it for breakfast, lunch or dinner...yum yum.
- 5 cups fresh corn or 5 cups frozen corn
- 6 slices bacon (I prefer sliced jowl)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- Fry bacon until crisp; drain well, leaving about three tablespoons of the fat in the skillet.
- Add the corn, green pepper and cornstarch to the fat.
- Sauté everything together for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the creamed corn to the other vegetables and crumble the cooked bacon over the top.
- Continue cooking for an additional ten minutes.
- Serve while hot.
This is very good. Mom always used cream instead of the creamed corn. I use the cream corn. I think you get more of a "Corn" flavor. This is kinda related to my corn casserole. A distant cousin maybe but related.
This was really very good. I liked the creamed corn. I added some red peppers as well, it was a pretty dish.
When I fry corn, I use silver queen, also I use milk and butter instead of a can of cream corn and it takes longer than 10 minutes to cook