Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Fried Chicken in a WONDERFUL herbed cream sauce. Sure to please all those chicken lovers! Preparation time does not include marinating time in the fridge.
Top Review by ktbug418
Only made the cream sauce, but it was fantastic! Would give it 4 and a half stars if I could. Used thyme, dried basil, and dried oregano instead of cilantro, because that's what i had. Rich, filling, tasty sauce!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- vegetable oil
Herbed Cream Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fried Chicken:.
- Place chicken in a shallow glass dish.
- Whisk buttermilk, yolks and poultry seasoning in a bowl. Pour over chicken.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Mix flour, thyme, sage, and basil in a bowl.
- Drain the chicken pieces, and coat with the seasoned flour. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add chicken in single layer.
- Cook on the first side 5 mins., or until golden brown. Turn, and cook on the other side until done.
- Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Serve with the Herbed Cream Sauce.
- Herbed Cream Sauce:.
- Add flour to a saucepan.
- Whisk in broth over heat, and simmer for 10 mins., or until thickened and smooth.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add onion, garlic and paprika, and saute until onion is softened.
- Add wine, and cook until reduced by half.
- Whisk in broth mixture, and simmer 5 minutes
- Strain sauce.
- Add cream and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm until serving.
- Makes 2 cup sauce.