Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My mother used to make this when I was younger, and now that I'm older I still love it
- 20 chicken wings
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder (optional)
- 3 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- In a large bowl: Mix the flour, seasonings, and baking powder with a fork.
- Add milk, eggs and mix together until it's blended well, this is the batter.
- In a plastic bag add the Breadcrumbs.
- Add the wings into the batter and mix well, let sit for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil.
- In a plastic ziplock bag, add few pieces at a time, and shake vigorously, *(If you don't have a platic bag, add breadcrumbs to a plastic bowl, add pieces and close the lid to shake)*.
- After shaking all the pieces, add them to the oil,(don't overcrowd it too much).
- Fry each side of the wing for 5 minutes.
- Add fried pieces to a bowl with paper towels, to absorb the oil.
- Enjoy, Usually served with Potato Salad, Coleslaw, French Fries or Biscuits.