Recipe by bunkie68
Another goodie from my old Somersize mailing list! A good side dish with protein/fat meals, or a good lunch by itself.
Top Review by PaulaG
I did not use the thick sliced bacon but decided to use some diced Canadian bacon. Used olive oil to cook the cabbage and added a red pepper for color instead of the green. Sprinkled with seasoned salt. DH said it was missing something and suggested a dash of balsamic vinegar and he was right. It was very good. Thanks for the opportunity to be creative.
- 1 head cabbage, sliced
- 1 lb thick sliced bacon, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in a deep skillet until crisp.
- Drain oil, reserving about two tablespoons of fat.
- Crumble bacon into skillet.
- Add cabbage, onions and peppers into skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is wilted but still a little crisp.
- Add seasonings to taste and serve immediately.