1/2 Photos of Fried Bread (Bunuelo)
2 hrs 30 mins
Lavender Lynn's Note:
This recipe is from Bolivia. It is from geocities.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 1/4 of a cup of warm water and sugar in a bowl.
- 2Mix until the sugar dissolves and add the yeast.
- 3Let it soak for about 5 minutes after which you can add the rest of the water, salt, and eggs.
- 4Stir the mixture until it is foamy.
- 5Add the flour little by little, stirring by hand until you have a mixture that is more watery than dry.
- 6Let the dough rise to twice the size.
- 7When the dough looks like it is about to sink in the middle it is time to fry them.
- 8Heat oil in skillet, about 1/2 inch deep.
- 9Start getting the dough from the edges and move in towards the middle.
- 10Don't get the dough from various parts of the bowl, move through the dough in an orderly fashion.
- 11Use about 1 T dough for each bunuelo.
- 12Wet your fingertips with warm salt water and pick up the dough with your fingertips.
- 13Stretch the dough carefully to make a thin donut shape.
- 14Put it in the boiling oil and let it brown.
- 15Flip it over with a stick until it is spongy and brown.
- 16Take out bunuelo and put it on a strainer. and then on a paper towel.
- 17They are delicious hot and can be covered with honey or powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Bread (Bunuelo)
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1136.7
- Calories from Fat 764
- Total Fat 84.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 331.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 38.3 g
- Protein 10.8 g