Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 15 mins
This Recipe is posted by request-original found in "The Lady and Sons, Too" by Paula H.Deen.
Make and share this Fried Apple Pies-Dried Fruit recipe from Food.com.
- Cook the apples with the water in a large covered pot over medium-low heat for 1 hour, or until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add the sugar, butter, and cinnamon, mixing well.
- Set aside to cool.
- Prepare recipe# 22729 by Darleen Summers or Unfold the refrigerated pie crust and roll out until a 12 inch circle has been formed-repeat with the remaining crust.
- Cut each crust into 9 4-inch circles (do the same with the homemade crust if using).
- Place one heaping Tablespoon of pie filling onto each circle, slightly off center.
- Moisten the edges with water and fold over, gently pressing out any air.
- Crimp with a fork.
- In a heavy skillet melt/heat oil over medium high heat, bringing it to a tempture of 350 degrees.
- Fry pies in batches, 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Makes 16-18 fried pies.
- If you wish while hot sprinkle with granulated sugar.