2 hrs 30 mins
Roxanne J.R.'s Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the apple pie filling
For the cheesecake filling
For the wontons
- 1– Make the cheesecake filling.
- 2Soften the cream cheese with a hand mixer, then beat in the sweetened condensed milk.
- 3Scrape out vanilla seeds from the bean and add to the mixture, along with cinnamon.
- 4Beat until all incorporated, and then set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- 5– Make the apple pie filling.
- 6Add apples to a small pot, and heat on medium until things start to brown. Stir in the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon, and cook, stirring every couple of minutes, until the apples are softened.
- 7Then keep heating, stirring every few minutes, until most of the liquid is gone.
- 8– Assembling the wontons
- 9Take a spring roll wrapper and moisten on both sides by dipping your fingers in water and then manually moistening the wrappers.
- 10Note: It may take a few tries to find the right amount of water to use, so that the wrappers are pliable without tearing but not too gummy. I suggest practicing a few times before adding filling.
- 11Then spoon in the center the cheesecake filling, and then top with the apple pie filling.
- 12To roll the wrappers, fold opposite sides over to the middle, then fold the perpendicular sides inches
- 13You may want to moisten the back just slightly to make sure it is all together.
- 14You should have a nice rectangular sized packet filled with apple cinnamon cheesecake goodness and lay it folded side down and fill the rest.
- 15– Deep frying
- 16Fill a pot with at least 2 inches of oil, and use a thermometer attached to your pot to keep track of the temperature.
- 17You want the temp to be between 340F and 350°F
- 18While the oil is heating up, mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl.
- 19Place wonton/s in pot (if you can handle frying more than one at a time - great!) and fry on one side for about 1 minute and then turn and fry on other side for another minute.
- 20Scoop it out with the slotted spatula and immediately lay it in the cinnamon sugar.
- 21Spoon cinnamon sugar over the wontons, and then set aside to cool.
- 22– To serve - Arrange 2 - 3 wonton pillows on plate and drizzle with caramel sauce. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake Pillows
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.3
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.5 mg
- Sodium 144.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 44.6 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: