- Carla -'s Note:
To maximize the flavor of your truffle, use the least amount of the ingredient as possible. Always slice into paper-thin wedges or strips. Use a truffle shaver (similar to a cheese grater) when shaving truffles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked linguine
- 1 lb fresh wild mushroom (chanterelles, shiitake, oyster, etc)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- nutmeg, freshly grated to taste
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- white truffle oil
- black truffle, shaved fresh at the time of serving
- 1Cook linguine pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pan to keep warm.
- 2Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- 3In a large frying pan, saute mushrooms in butter for 2 minutes.
- 4Add minced garlic and shallots; sauté an additional 2 minutes.
- 5Add white wine and simmer until wine is reduced by half.
- 6Add chicken broth, cream, and nutmeg; simmer until sauce thickens.
- 7Remove from heat. Add green onions, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- 8Add drained pasta to sauce; tossing gently to coat the pasta.
- 9Add more chicken broth if sauce seems too thick.
- 10Place pasta on individual plates.
- 11Spoon any mushrooms left in the pan over the top and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves.
- 12Drizzle white truffle oil over the top.
- 13Using a truffle shaver, shave a few slivers of fresh truffle over each plate before serving.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Wild Mushroom Linguine With Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.7
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.7 mg
- Sodium 144.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 14.1 g