Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
To maximize the flavor of your truffle, use the least amount of the ingredient as possible. Always slice into paper-thin wedges or strips. Use a truffle shaver (similar to a cheese grater) when shaving truffles.
- 1 (16 ounce) packageuncooked linguine
- 1 lb fresh wild mushroom (chanterelles, shiitake, oyster, etc)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- nutmeg, freshly grated to taste
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- white truffle oil
- black truffle, shaved fresh at the time of serving
- Cook linguine pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pan to keep warm.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a large frying pan, saute mushrooms in butter for 2 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and shallots; sauté an additional 2 minutes.
- Add white wine and simmer until wine is reduced by half.
- Add chicken broth, cream, and nutmeg; simmer until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat. Add green onions, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Add drained pasta to sauce; tossing gently to coat the pasta.
- Add more chicken broth if sauce seems too thick.
- Place pasta on individual plates.
- Spoon any mushrooms left in the pan over the top and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves.
- Drizzle white truffle oil over the top.
- Using a truffle shaver, shave a few slivers of fresh truffle over each plate before serving.