Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
To maximize the flavor of your truffle, use the least amount of the ingredient as possible. Always slice into paper-thin wedges or strips. Use a truffle shaver (similar to a cheese grater) when shaving truffles.
- 1 (16 ounce) packageuncooked linguine
- 1 lb fresh wild mushroom (chanterelles, shiitake, oyster, etc)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- nutmeg, freshly grated to taste
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- white truffle oil
- black truffle, shaved fresh at the time of serving
- Cook linguine pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pan to keep warm.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a large frying pan, saute mushrooms in butter for 2 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and shallots; sauté an additional 2 minutes.
- Add white wine and simmer until wine is reduced by half.
- Add chicken broth, cream, and nutmeg; simmer until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat. Add green onions, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Add drained pasta to sauce; tossing gently to coat the pasta.
- Add more chicken broth if sauce seems too thick.
- Place pasta on individual plates.
- Spoon any mushrooms left in the pan over the top and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves.
- Drizzle white truffle oil over the top.
- Using a truffle shaver, shave a few slivers of fresh truffle over each plate before serving.