Recipe by Tastings by CeCe
This healthy recipe from Cooking Light is part of the unfried green tomato recipe on this website (also from Cooking Light). I have used this on broiled turkey patties, on baked chicken, baked with fish and topped with parmesan cheese. As you can see it is very versatile. The uses are only limited by your imagination! Double the recipe and share with a friend.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped peeled tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium nonstick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and onion, and cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add chopped red tomato.
- Bring to a boil, and cook for 10 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.