Dawn Gusty's Note:
We didn't have any cans of tomatoes one night but plenty of fresh ingredients so I threw this together and it's the best sauce we've ever had! Lots of variations exist and it's super easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Puree tomatoes with olive oil, butter, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper, and sugar. Set aside.
- 2Separately, puree the fresh basil, olive oil, and pine nuts.
- 3We use either farfalle, rigatoni, or penne pasta.
- 4Stir two mixtures together. See optional toppings below:.
- 5crumbled goat cheese.
- 6fresh grated parmesean.
- 7toasted pine nuts, walnuts or pecans.
- 8Italian turkey sausage, shrimp, or grilled chicken.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.7
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 42.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: