Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from "Canadian Living" magazine. I find that this recipe uses items you would normally have on hand and it is very simple to make.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1 pinch pepper
- In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, carrot and garlic, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock; bring to boil.
- Add beans and tomatoes; cook over medium heat until carrot and tomatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in basil and pepper.
The ingredient list is missing the carrots so I just used a large one, diced. I added one more can of beans for moe body, but this soup is a simple, healthy delicious lunch.