What could be better in berry season than Fresh Strawberry Pie? Will you have a slice?
Make and share this Fresh Strawberry Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Mash enough strawberries to measure 1 cup.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in 2-quart saucepan.
- Gradually stir in water and mashed strawberries (add 1 or 2 drops food color if deeper red color is desired).
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir 1 minute; cool.
- Beat cream cheese and lemon peel until smooth; spread into baked and cooled pie crust.
- Fill crust with remaining strawberries.
- Pour cooked strawberry mixture over top.
- Refrigerate about 3 hours or until set.
- Store covered in refrigerator.