Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
What could be better in berry season than Fresh Strawberry Pie? Will you have a slice?
- 1419.0 ml strawberries, hulled
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml water
- red food coloring, if desired
- 85.04 g package cream cheese, softened
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon zest
- 9 inch baked pie crusts
- Mash enough strawberries to measure 1 cup.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in 2-quart saucepan.
- Gradually stir in water and mashed strawberries (add 1 or 2 drops food color if deeper red color is desired).
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir 1 minute; cool.
- Beat cream cheese and lemon peel until smooth; spread into baked and cooled pie crust.
- Fill crust with remaining strawberries.
- Pour cooked strawberry mixture over top.
- Refrigerate about 3 hours or until set.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
The strawberries are ripe and this was the perfect recipe to use some of them! The cream cheese layer in the crust really added a nice flavor. Then, pouring the filling over the fresh berries gives you a mix between a cooked filling and a fresh filling. This is an excellent recipe! I will make this one often, I have a lot of strawberry lovers! Thank you Bev!!
I had two buckets of fresh strawberries and this recipe sounded so good. I made two pies, one for my family and one for the neighbors. It was fast, easy and very delicious. I will definitely keep this recipe and make again!! I did change one thing, I used a graham cracker crust. I loved the cream cheese bottom, really added to the great taste of strawberries.
We really love strawberries, and this pie is a very good way to fix them. Loved it!!