Recipe by Bev
What could be better in berry season than Fresh Strawberry Pie? Will you have a slice?
Top Review by MizzNezz
The strawberries are ripe and this was the perfect recipe to use some of them! The cream cheese layer in the crust really added a nice flavor. Then, pouring the filling over the fresh berries gives you a mix between a cooked filling and a fresh filling. This is an excellent recipe! I will make this one often, I have a lot of strawberry lovers! Thank you Bev!!
- 1 1⁄2 quarts strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- red food coloring, if desired
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash enough strawberries to measure 1 cup.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in 2-quart saucepan.
- Gradually stir in water and mashed strawberries (add 1 or 2 drops food color if deeper red color is desired).
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir 1 minute; cool.
- Beat cream cheese and lemon peel until smooth; spread into baked and cooled pie crust.
- Fill crust with remaining strawberries.
- Pour cooked strawberry mixture over top.
- Refrigerate about 3 hours or until set.
- Store covered in refrigerator.