Recipe by Leslie in Texas
I got this recipe over twenty years ago from a co-worker. It's quick and easy and tastes like a slice of summer. I usually make this in a deep-dish pie pan and double the amount of glaze. Get two containers of strawberries and use the best ones to make this yummy pie!
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
I knew the minute I saw this recipe that I was going to have to make it! It is so yummy! It was very easy to put together and it looks so pretty that I hated to cut into it. Make sure to use ripe strawberries ot they may be a little hard to cut into with your fork. Thanks so much for posting a keeper!
- 1 baked pie crust
For the glaze
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 pints strawberries, you may use more if you wish
- whipped cream, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the sugar and cornstarch together in a pan.
- Whisk in the water and bring to a boil, whisking occasionally.
- When slightly thickened, remove from heat and whisk in the strawberry jello.Cool.
- While glaze is cooling, hull strawberries.
- You may slice them into the pie shell, but I like to use them whole, putting the berries stem-side down in the pie shell and filling in spaces with some larger slices of berries.
- Spoon glaze over strawberries, covering each berry completely.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Top with whipped cream and enjoy!