1 hr 10 mins
Paris D's Note:
This is a significant modification of a recipe in order to make it diabetes-friendly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Splenda granular
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine neufchatel, butter and Splenda granular. Beat until light and fluffy.
- 3Stir in unsweetened applesauce, skim milk, eggs and vanilla.
- 4Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to neufchatel mixture and mix until smooth.
- 5Spread the batter in a greased and floured 13x9 inch baking pan. (The batter is VERY thick. It works best to put little blobs of it across the whole pan and then spread them with a knife.).
- 6Spread berries evenly over batter.
- 7Mix Splenda brown sugar and nuts; sprinkle evenly over strawberries.
- 8Bake 40 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake (Diabetes-Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.9
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 55.2 mg
- Sodium 244.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: