Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a significant modification of a recipe in order to make it diabetes-friendly.
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine neufchatel, butter and Splenda granular. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in unsweetened applesauce, skim milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to neufchatel mixture and mix until smooth.
- Spread the batter in a greased and floured 13x9 inch baking pan. (The batter is VERY thick. It works best to put little blobs of it across the whole pan and then spread them with a knife.).
- Spread berries evenly over batter.
- Mix Splenda brown sugar and nuts; sprinkle evenly over strawberries.
- Bake 40 minutes. Serve warm or cold.