Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this online and posting for safe keeping. Simple dessert perfect for those summer family gatherings or even a birthday cake.
- 1 (18 ounce) boxplain white cake mix
- 1 cup chopped strawberry, with juice
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 4 tablespoons margarine, room temp
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Grease and flour two 8 inch round baking pans or one 9×13 inch pan. Gently mash strawberries by placing them in a large plastic bag and rolling over it with a rolling pin or large can. Place cake mix, milk, gelatin mix, vegetable oil, and eggs in large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, about two minutes or so. Add in strawberries and juice, mix again until well combined. Pour into baking pans. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If using two round pans, allow to sit for ten minutes before turning out of pans to cool completely. If baking in 9×13 pan, simply allow to cool in pan.
- Combine all ingredients and mix with electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Ice cooled cake.
- Store cake in refrigerator.
- *Some people add 1/2 C crushed, drained strawberries to this icing as well. I leave them out to make the cake a bit prettier and easier to ice but feel free to add them in for more great strawberry flavor! Just mix them in after your icing is smooth and creamy and all other ingredients have been added.