Fresh Strawberry Cobbler Cake
- Ready In:
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- additional berries (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Rinse and hull berries.
- Place berries in a 9” square pan and set aside.
- Combine flour, 1/2 Cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Use a pastry blender or two knives to cut in margarine until coarse crumbs form.
- Stir in milk.
- Spoon the mixture over the berries.
- Combine the remaining 3/4 Cup sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl.
- Stir in water until sugar mixture dissolves.
- Pour over berry mixture.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm or cool, garnished with additional berries.
Join The Conversation
Mmmmmmm! What a great and easy to follow recipe. I also decreased the water amt. slightly and added another Tbsp of corn starch; I don't know exactly why, but I'm at a high altitude. Anyway, it worked. I also added a 1/2 tsp vanilla to the water, sugar mixture and a 1/2 tsp chinese five spice to the batter. My intention was to omit the vanilla icecream and add a simple dollop of cream on top. To die for!!! Thank you for sharing. Annie