Recipe by PaulaG
This is another great recipe from Sabrosa which is a local entertainment and dining guide. The tomatillos give this an almost citrusy bite. It is a great sauce for spooning on tacos, serving with chips or garnishing your favorite soup or beans. Leave the seeds in the jalapeno if you want this really "hot".
- 12 tomatillos, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, minced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 fresh jalapeno chilies, seeded, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the tomatillos, garlic, cilantro, green onions, jalapenos and salt in the blender or food processor container.
- Pulse until onions are processed, about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Pulse a few more times in needed, but be careful and not over process.
- Pour mixture into an airtight container, and chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
- Before serving, add the cubed avocado.
- The cook time reflects the chilling time.