Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with the recipe for this amazing salsa due to my obsession with all things salsa. I wanted a salsa that I could make at home for myself whenever I wanted that I loved...and I hope you'll love it too! You can adjust the heat by adding or subtracting the amount of jalapenos.
- wash tomatoes and cilantro.
- cut tomatoes and onion into rough cubes, place in a large bowl.
- cut garlic clove in half lengthwise, add to bowl mixture.
- cut jalapenos into small rounds, add to bowl mixture.
- roughly chop cilantro, add to bowl mixture.
- add lime juice to bowl mixture.
- mix ingredients together well.
- add ingredients to a chopper, little by little. chop into a very fine chop, almost but not quite pureed. taste halfway through to test heat. if heat is too much, stop adding jalapenos to chopper. when you are done chopping, add to a different bowl. keep adding mixture to chopper and chopping until entire mixture is done.
- add salt and black pepper to taste.
- cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes
This was a very easy salsa to make and for not having a whole lot of "seasoning" in it, it tasted great!! My husband likes chunky salsa so I followed the recipe as stated, but didn't put the mixture through a chopper, it turned out perfect. It was different from the store bought salsa's which was what I liked most about it!!
Made this salsa pretty much as directed, but I did cut the jalapenos back to just half of one, & in spite of that, WE LIKED THIS SALSA, & will others, I know, when I make it again for one of the monthly groups I host! And, by the way, I also substituted lemon pepper for the usual S&P! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Tag It RED!]