Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A fabulous cobbler recipe. It is quick to make and delicious every time. If peaches are not in season--it is also wonderful with frozen sliced peaches--just be sure they are thawed through before you put it together and allow more time to cook.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Filling: Mix peaches, sugar and flour together and pour into a 15-inch baking dish.
- Batter: Combine 2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in food processor.
- Process to combine.
- Add the milk and melted butter.
- Process until smooth.
- Spoon batter over the peaches, making sure you spread to edge of dish.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon over the top.
- Bake in center of oven about one hour.
- Crust should be brown and crisp on the outside and cooked all the way through.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Variation: Blackberry, blueberry or raspberry cobbler--omit cinnamon and nutmeg.
Too salty! I also could not find the temperature recommended for this recipe.
I've tried a lot of cobbler recipes, but this is absolutely the best. I've made it with strawberries, peaches, plums, and blue berries. My favorite is half blueberry and half peaches mixed together. I've also bought the mixed frozen fruit from Walmart that have strawberries, blackberries, and blue berries and used it. All combinations were wonderful. It's good hot, cold, and especially warm with vanilla icecream.
I tried several different peach cobbler recipes and this recipe beat tham all! The first time I made this recipe, I did exactly as told but it was too sweet so the next time I used 1 cup sugar for the filling and about 3/4 cup sugar for the batter. This recipe is VERY good with bluberries too. Thanks!