A fabulous cobbler recipe. It is quick to make and delicious every time. If peaches are not in season--it is also wonderful with frozen sliced peaches--just be sure they are thawed through before you put it together and allow more time to cook.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Filling: Mix peaches, sugar and flour together and pour into a 15-inch baking dish.
- Batter: Combine 2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in food processor.
- Process to combine.
- Add the milk and melted butter.
- Process until smooth.
- Spoon batter over the peaches, making sure you spread to edge of dish.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon over the top.
- Bake in center of oven about one hour.
- Crust should be brown and crisp on the outside and cooked all the way through.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Variation: Blackberry, blueberry or raspberry cobbler--omit cinnamon and nutmeg.