Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is good.
- 3 cups fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 lemon, juice and zest grated
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Put peaches into a 10 X 6 1/2 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the1 cup of sugar, almond extract, lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Cut in the shortening; add the milk and egg.
- Dot over the peaches.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar over the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 - 40 minutes.