Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I adopted this recipe from the recipezaar account. I can't wait to try this one! I love peach pie. Yum!
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts (see Classic Pie Crust, Idiot Proof Step-By-Step Photo Tutorial)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- preheat oven to 425.
- Stir dry ingredients together.
- Sprinkle peaches with lemon juice and almond extract.
- Add dry ingredients and toss gently to mix.
- Dump into pastry lined 9" pie pan, dot with butter and add top crust.
- Cut vent holes.
- Bake until bubbles and crust is browned.
- About 35-45 minutes.
I have 2 words for you Mean Chef...SIMPLY DELICIOUS!! I did have to use frozen pie crusts since I made this at the last minute. However that didn't matter, I brought this to my parents for Sunday dinner and every last piece went. Actually I was told next time to make 2. Thanks this is a keeper!
I love peaches and this was the best peach pie. The last recipe I used had white sugar and vanilla extract. The brown sugar and almond extract makes a big difference. I highly recommend this pie.
This is an excellent recipe for using fresh peaches!! I have used Mean Chef's recipe for Classic Pie Crust so many times before, so I knew it would work perfectly for this recipe. The taste of the filling is sensational! I followed Mean Chef's steps to a "T" for perfect results! I did however, brush the top crust an egg wash and sprinkle ever so slightly with sugar before cutting the vents for a beautiful presentation and lovely browned crust. Served with vanilla ice cream. : )