Recipe by CarrolJ
At least 30 years ago I found this recipe in a Beef pamplet from some Beef Council. The pamplet is so faded that it no longer says where I got it from. Fortunately I had copied the recipe onto a 3 x 5 card. This is unlike any of the Flank Steak recipes posted here...but it is simply delicious! Preparation time includes marinating time of 24 hours.
- 2 lbs flank steaks or 2 lbs any other steak (1/3 to 1/2 lb per person)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle soy sauce
- 2 cups white wine, any kind
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE** If you are grilling over a gas grill or on a indoors grilling machine, add 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke to marinade.
- Mix the soy sauce, parsley, onion, garlic, and wine together is a marinating dish.
- Score steak diagonally making diamond-shaped cuts on both sides of the meat without cutting all the way.
- Place meat in the mixed marinate making sure that it is well covered with the marinade sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate meat at least 24 hours.
- Throw used marinade away-- DO NOT REUSE.
- Grill meat until done to your choice.
- Slice cooked meat thinly on the diagnal across the narrow width and serve.