Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
We make this a lot in the summer when fresh herbs are just a door step away. Late in the summer, we make this in quantity and divide into approximately 1/2 cup measurements, roll in cylinders and wrap well and freeze for winter use..This makes delightful gifts
- 1 tablespoon fresh green basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Whenever I flavor butters with fresh herbs, I chop the herbs with scissors into small pieces, if you chop in the food processor, each herb loses its identity and also the butter will be green, if you chop to a mush.
- So, for the above recipe, combined the I chopped herbs with the softened butter and lemon juice, please use a wooden spoon.
- We use this on vegetables, bread and in sauces.