This is a great one dish, pan-asian meal and makes for a healthy, well-balanced lunch or dinner. The combination of the spicy, rich tofu and the fresh cool greens really makes the dish pop. Adapted from Vegetarian Times.
For the Tofu
- 1⁄4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the Salad
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4 1⁄2 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1 cucumber, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Whisk together soy sauce, chile-garlic sauce, and sesame oil in bowl.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Dip tofu in soy sauce mixture; cook 10 minutes, or until browned. Cool 10 minutes.
- Add green onions, yogurt, and lemon juice to remaining chile mixture. Toss with tofu.
- Mound rice in serving bowls. Top with greens. Shave carrot strips over top with vegetable peeler. Top with tofu, cucumber, and avocado. Sprinkle with sesame seeds; serve with chile-soy sauce mixture.